ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
MODEL MEALS WHOLE30/PALEO CHICKEN PAD THAI WITH YAM NOODLES
One of the many keys to a successful Whole30, or really any lifestyle change, is the ability to keep your new habits simple so that they are more sustainable. That's why we are obsessed with easy Whole30 recipes that take their look and taste to another level. This recipe is perfect for a dinner for two and you might even have some leftovers, that is if you don't gobble it all up because, and trust us here, it is just that good! Packed with fiber, vitamins, slow digesting carbs, and high quality protein, you can make this dish in advance and pack it to go as part of your weekly meal prep so things never get boring. We also recommend changing out the chicken and experimenting with different protein sources. On our weekly Model Meals menus we offer three variation of this dish, made with chicken, beef, and shrimp. Plus, this Pad Thai sauce will have you licking the plate. Put on your apron and let's get cooking!
*use organic and pasture-raised ingredients whenever possible*
- 2 Pasture-raised Chicken Breasts
- 2 Yams
- 1 Cup of Bean Sprouts
- Bunch of Green Onion
- Bunch of Thai Basil
- Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Cashews for Garnish
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup of cashew butter or soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp tamarind paste
FOR SERVING AND GARNISH
- Lime Wedges
- Toasted Cashews
Directions for the Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender
- Blend until a smooth consistency is achieved, adding water if necessary. Set aside.
- Wash and peel yams, then spiralize to create "noodles." Set aside.
- Heat a grill or skillet to medium heat and add cooking fat of choice
- Salt and Pepper chicken breasts to season and add to heated pan, skillet, or grill
- Turn periodically for grill marks and/or even cooking. Remove chicken breasts when cooked through and allow to rest
- Rinse green onions, Thai basil, cilantro, and beans sprouts. Allow to dry.
- Chop green onions and cilantro and tear basil into individual leaves. Squeeze lime juice on top if desired
- Lightly toast cashews for garnish and set aside
- Heat pan or skillet to low/medium heat and add cooking fat of choice (sesame oil works well here) and lightly sauté yam noodles until slightly tender
- Cube chicken breasts and add to yam noodles. Toss together until combined.
- Add Pad Thai Sauce to pan and toss until noodles and chicken are coated.
- Plate yam noodles and chicken.
- Add desired amounts of green onion, Thai basil, cilantro, and bean sprouts.
- Garnish with lime wedges and toasted cashews
With deep flavor and the tang of citrus, this meal is once to add to your meal prep or dinner rotation when you need to step up you chicken and veggie game. Don't forget to rotate your proteins because this is a recipe that can do triple duty. We hope you love it as much as we do and be sure to drop us a comment or tag us on social media with your Model Meals recipe creations. Stay tuned for more amazing Model Meals recipes by subscribing to get notified first when new recipes are available💛