ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
When you hear the word salad, you often think boring greens with a couple of veggies and a simple vinaigrette. Well, we refuse to make boring salads. And to prove this point, we’re showcasing our Bacon Cobb Salad with Avocado Basil Dressing in this week’s new recipe post.
From the hard-boiled eggs to our homemade Whole30 approved dressing, we’ll show you how to create your very own Bacon Cobb Salad at home. So put on your chef hat and get ready to experience one of the best salads ever!
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 2 Gonestraw Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs
- ½ cup Big O Bacon
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup green onion
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup basil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bacon fat
- ½ tsp salt
1. Add your eggs to a pot and add cold water. Water should cover your eggs by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Once eggs are rolling in the pot, cover with lid and remove from heat. Wait 8-10 minutes then drain the water, and place in a bowl of ice water. Wait 10-15 minutes before peeling your eggs. Cut eggs in half.
2. For the salad, place greens in a bowl and add in green onions and tomatoes. Heat the Big O Bacon in a pan on medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes. Chop into small pieces and add bacon to salad. Add eggs on top.
3. For dressing, add all ingredients into a high powered blender. Add in leftover bacon grease and combine until smooth.
4. Drizzle sauce over salad and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our Bacon Cobb Salad with Avocado Basil Dressing as much as we do! It’s one of our fav meals and a great way to eat healthy without the boring salads you might be used to.. Let us know what you think in the comments below 💛